UNC Kenan-Flagler Deadlines, Essays & Recommendation Questions (Class of 2015, Starting Fall 2013)
- Essay One (Required)
What are the 2 or 3 strengths or characteristics that have driven your career success thus far? What are the other strengths that you would like to leverage in the future? (500 words maximum)
- Essay Two (Required)
Please describe your short and long term goals post-MBA. Explain how: your professional experience has shaped these goals; why this career option appeals to you; and how you arrived at the decision that now is the time and the MBA is the appropriate degree. (500 words maximum)
- Essay Three (Required)
What personal qualities or life experiences distinguish you from other applicants? How do these qualities or experiences equip you to contribute to UNC Kenan-Flagler? (500 words maximum)
- Essay Four (Optional)
If your standardized test scores are low, or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum. (300 words maximum)
- Essay Five (Optional)
Is there any other information you would like to share that is not presented elsewhere in the application? (300 words maximum)
1. How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
2. Describe the applicant’s potential for becoming a responsible and successful manager.
3. What are the applicant’s major strengths?
4. What are the applicant’s most noticeable areas for improvement or growth?
5. Please use the space below to elaborate on the applicant’s qualifications.
(6. For each attribute listed in the chart below, please mark an X in the box that best describes how this applicant compares with others you have known during your professional career. Indicate the reference group with whom you are comparing this candidate (for example, other MBA candidates, other employees, other students).)
7. Please mark an X below that best describes your endorsement of this candidate for admission to the MBA program. If you have reservations, please state them in the space provided.
___ Strongly recommend ___ Recommend ___ Recommend with some reservation ___ Do not recommend