UCLA Anderson Deadlines & Essays (Class of 2014, Starting Fall 2012)
[table id=84 /]
We are interested in getting to know applicants on both a professional and personal level. We encourage you to be introspective, genuine, and succinct. Remember that we are more concerned with the content of your essays than their form or style.
All responses to essays must be on double-spaced pages that are uploaded in document form. Please note the word limits indicated in parentheses below.
First-time applicants -- 2 required essays:
Please be introspective and authentic in your responses. Content is more important than style of delivery. We value the opportunity to learn about your life experiences, aspirations, and goals.
1. What event or life experience has had the greatest influence in shaping your character and why? (750 words)
2. Describe your short-term and long-term career goals. What is your motivation for pursuing an MBA now and how will UCLA Anderson help you to achieve your goals? (750 words)
The following essay is optional. No preference is given in the evaluation process to applicants who submit an optional essay.
1. Are there any extenuating circumstances in your profile about which the Admissions Committee should be aware? (250 words)
REAPPLICANT ESSAY QUESTION
Reapplicants who applied for the entering Fall 2010 or 2011 class are required to complete the following essay. Please be introspective and authentic in your response. Content is more important than style of delivery. We value the opportunity to learn more about your aspirations and goals.
1. Please describe your career progress since you last applied and ways in which you have enhanced your candidacy. Include updates on short-term and long-term career goals, as well as your continued interest in UCLA Anderson. (750 words)
1. What is your relationship to the candidate and how long have you known him or her? How would you compare the candidate to others with similar responsibilities within the organization?
2. Comment on the candidate's career progression to date.
3. How would you describe his or her potential for professional growth and development?
4. Comment on the candidate's aptitude for strategic thinking, leadership, and/or management.
5. Describe how the candidate deals with challenges.
6. Is there anything else that you would like us to know about the candidate?