Stanford GSB Deadlines, Essays & Recommendation Letter Questions (Class of 2018, Entering Fall 2016)
DEADLINES [table id=168 /]
We request that you write two personal essays. The personal essays give us glimpses of your character and hopes. In each essay, we want to hear your genuine voice. Think carefully about your values, passions, aims, and dreams prior to writing them.
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why? (750 words suggested)
For this essay, we would like you to:
- Focus on the “why” rather than the “what.”
- Do some deep self-examination, so you can genuinely illustrate who you are and how you came to be the person you are.
- Share the insights, experiences, and lessons that shaped your perspectives, rather than focusing merely on what you’ve done or accomplished.
- Write from the heart, and illustrate how a person, situation, or event has influenced you.
Essay B: Why Stanford? (400 words suggested)
Enlighten us on how earning your MBA at Stanford will enable you to realize your ambitions.
- Explain your decision to pursue graduate education in management.
- Explain the distinctive opportunities you will pursue at Stanford.
Your answers for both essay questions combined may not exceed 1,150 words. (Above) are suggested word counts per essay, but you should allocate the maximum word count in the way that is most effective for you.
- How does the candidate’s performance compare to those of other well-qualified individuals in similar roles? Please provide specific examples.
- Describe the most important piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant. Please detail the circumstances and the applicant’s response.
- (optional) Is there anything else we should know?
- A maximum of three pages
- Formatted using 12-point type.Arial, Courier, and Times New Roman are the recommended fonts.