MIT Sloan Deadlines, Essays & Recommendation Questions (Class of 2019, Entering 2017)
[table ID = 216 /]
Cover Letter: Please submit a cover letter seeking a place in the MIT Sloan MBA Program. Your letter should conform to a standard business correspondence and be addressed to Mr. Rod Garcia, Senior Director of Admissions. (250 words or fewer)
Resume: Please submit a resume that includes your employment history and academic record in reverse chronological order. Other information appropriate to a business resume is welcomed and encouraged. (no more than 1 page in length)
MBA applicants must submit two letters of recommendation. Professional recommendations are preferred from individuals who are able to speak with certainty about your professional achievements and potential. Recommenders must submit recommendations online. We do not accept recommendations via the mail. Recommendations may be in either letter or short answer format and should not exceed two pages each. We do not accept recommendations from family members. Please choose recommenders who are able to provide specific answers to the following questions:
- How long and in what capacity have you known the applicant?
- How does the applicant stand out from others in a similar capacity?
- Please give an example of the applicant's impact on a person, group, or organization.
- Please give a representative example of how the applicant interacts with other people.
- Which of the applicant's personal or professional characteristics would you change?
- If you are an academic/technical recommender, please tell us how well the applicant mastered the subject you taught or supervised and in what ways did the applicant demonstrate this mastery.
- Please tell us anything else you think we should know about this applicant.