Announcing Elite Essays Scholarship Program
Doing good in the world can be expensive. I know this very well from having started a Spanish Language School in Guatemala (www.sakribal.com) after college that continues to support teachers, their families, and the community in a variety of ways. I have also been the beneficiary of numerous scholarships and fellowships, including a Fulbright Fellowship. I am grateful to have had these opportunities to both give and receive, and I have always wanted to be in a position to offer similar chances to others. (Moreover, in these rough economic times, when many people are re-thinking the definition of "meaningful work," MBA and graduate school applicants who are creative and socially minded can really stand out.) So I am happy to announce the Elite Essays scholarship program for MBA and graduate school applicants pursuing careers in the non-profit/social-entrepreneurial/educational sector.
Here are the details:
- For one MBA applicant, I am offering 10 free counseling/editing sessions, plus 50% off any additional individual sessions. The MBA candidate must begin his/her free sessions by August 15th and finish them by October 15th.
- For one non-MBA applicant, I am offering 5 free counseling/editing sessions, plus 50% off any additional individual sessions. The non-MBA candidate must begin his/her free sessions by November 1st and finish by December 31st.
- To be considered, you must be pursuing a short-term goal (i.e., immediately upon graduation) in the non-profit/social-entrepreneurial/educational realm, and submit an essay detailing those goals and your preparation for them (link).
- Applicants' test scores (GMAT, GRE, TOEFL, etc.) should be competitive or approaching competitive for their target programs.
- Applicants are welcome to apply for the scholarship from any country.
- The free sessions can be used for any aspect of the application process, including strategy consulting, resume/essay/LOR development, interview training, etc. Sessions can also be used to apply for scholarships/fellowships such as Fulbright, which several of my past clients have won.
- The final deadline to submit the scholarship application essay is July 31, 2009 (Midnight, Pacific Time). However winners might be chosen before then so submitting early is encouraged. I'll conduct phone/Skype interviews for the finalists and winners will be announced in early August. For a certain number of applicants who are not chosen, I will provide detailed written feedback on your essay that should give you clear direction when it comes time to actually apply to your programs.
If you have any questions, please contact me. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to being inspired. Good luck!